Where: Astoria • Oregon • 97103
When: Mid-June annually
Scandinavian Midsummer Festival is a tradition of the North Oregon Coast for over forty years. Astoria with rich Scandinavian cultural heritage each June holds the festival. Scandinavian Festival offers a wide variety of events for the whole family.
- Dozen Scandinavian musical, dance, and theater groups.
- Arts, crafts, demonstrations, presentations, Scandinavian import items, traditional Scandinavian foods.
- The Queen’s Coronation and Queen’s Family Ball on Friday night.
- The Running of the Troll
- Midsummer Pole Raising
- Kubb exhibition on Saturday
- Pannukakku Breakfast
- Parade of Costumes
- Sword Demonstration on Sunday.